Craig M. Hoehns
Craig M. Hoehns is the founder of the Hoehns Law Office. Throughout his career, Craig has represented his clients in the courtroom, not in comfort from behind a desk. Craig has represented his clients in multiple courts throughout the State of Oklahoma, both in trial and on appeal. As a graduate of the Western Trial Advocacy Institute and a product of both county and state public defender systems, Craig has proved himself to be a capable trial attorney.
Craig currently serves on the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals Committee for Uniform Jury Instructions and volunteers time to the Oklahoma Bar Association program “Oklahoma Lawyers for America’s Heroes,” a program that provides free legal representation to veterans and active members of the military. Craig previously served on the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and as the Director of Publications of the Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Prior to starting the Hoehns Law Office, Craig attended law school at Oklahoma City University where he graduated in the top five percent of his class and won a national law student writing competition on constitutional law.
After law school, Craig worked with the Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office. While there, Craig filled roles as chief of the misdemeanor division, chief of the felony revocation division and as an attorney in the felony trial division. Craig also argued before the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals during his tenure with the office. Following his work in the Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office, Craig moved to western Oklahoma where he worked as defense counsel with the trial division of the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System and then spent a brief time in private practice. During that period of time, Craig served as a county bar president and as an associate editor of the Oklahoma Bar Journal.
- State of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Juris Doctor summa cum laude, Oklahoma City University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science – Chemistry, Truman State University
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- Oklahoma Attorneys for America’s Heroes
- Robert J. Turner American Inn of Court
- Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals Committee for Uniform Jury Instructions
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association